Rowa Phos Phosphate remover – 1000 ml
RowaPhos is a unique man made ferric hydroxide material specifically produced for efficient removal of phosphates, arsenic and silicates from fresh and salt water, having initially been developed in Germany for treating mains water supplies. As such it should not be confused with natural materials, which are generally based on aluminium oxide, (zeolite).
RowaPhos is manufactured using a Patented process which makes it physically and chemically completely different to the vast array of other iron based media which have sprung up to ride on the sucess of the Rowa product. Most of these products are iron oxide based and have a higher capacity for phosphate than aluminium based medias but do not touch the engineered properties of RowaPhos.
In an independent series of tests carried out by the Berlin Technical University on the five most commonly used phosphate removers at the time, RowaPhos was found to be the most efficient in removing phosphate from water. Other medias tested reached only to 30 – 40 % of its removal capacity by weight. Additionally RowaPhos was found to continue to remove phosphates at lower concentrations and had a higher maximum holding capacity.
How much to use ;
- 100 g/100 mL RowaPhos will remove 3ppm of phosphate from 100 US gallons of saltwater.
- 250 g/250 mL RowaPhos will remove 3ppm of phosphate from 250 US gallons of saltwater.
- 500 g/500 mL RowaPhos will remove 3 ppm of phosphate from 500 US gallons of saltwater.
- 1000g/ 1 L RowaPhos will remove 3 ppm of phosphate from 1000 US gallons of saltwater.
- 5 kg/5 L RowaPhos will remove 3 ppm of phosphate from 4500 US gallons of saltwater.
RowaPhos Recommendation for Use:
- Never wash the product unless fluidising.
- It must be kept damp at all times, it is not as effective if it dries out therefore, replace the lid if not using all of the container.
- Place the product between two layers of filter wool in a canister filter.
- Do not sprinkle into the your reef tank.
- Do not place it into water without surrounding it with filter wool
- RowaPhos recommends that you use a small quantity and replace regularly rather than a large amount and replace infrequently.