100 Micron Felt Filter sock 7″ x 16″ ( Without plastic ring )
Filter socks are capable in removing small particulates, excess food, organic waste and solid waste from the water column, that helps improve the overall clarity of the water . The plastic ring allow easy attachment via ring that can fits into common sump holders or via our acrylic sock holder.
By removing waste matter from the water via our filter socks, you will notice a reduction of the amount of organic matter in the water which in turn help reduce the amount of nitrate, phosphate being breakdown in the water .
Our Filter socks can be use temporary during tank maintenance as water polisher and/ or permanently as a effective mechanical filtration in the sump. The bags have super solids loading and holding capacity, can be easily removed from sump for cleaning every 3- 5 days and easily can be washed are reusable over time and time again.
Filter socks come in mesh or felt and with a plastic ring or draw string. See below for differences and unique advantages.
- Mesh: Thin, doesn’t clog as easily as felt
- Felt: Thicker, better at removing particles, but can clog faster
- Plastic Ring: attaches via ring that fits common sump holders
Filter sock benefits:
- Regular use will result in crystal clear water most convenient form of mechanical filtration.
- Remove excess food, detritus, organic waste, dust and other particulates
- Convenient form of mechanical filtration
- Prevents larger objects like sand, crabs and snails from damaging pump motors
- Reduces ammonia and nitrate producing organic waste
- Increases filter life
Our filter bags ensure the highest quality with strict engineering standards in sourcing raw materials and in the manufacturing process.